Tuesday, May 19, 2020

How to move out at 18 and Afford it

How to move out at 18 and Afford it
Written by: Irina P.

      So you’ve decided to move out on your own but aren’t sure where to start, after all there’s so many things you have to account for, so many things that could go wrong. So how exactly do you move out? Well first things first you should make a checklist of all the things you’re gonna need: apartment, job, car, insurance, etc. Moving out can and most likely will be very pricey. Therefore you should make sure to get a job at least a couple years prior to when you plan to move out.

   From doing some personal research I found out that you should have at least around 5k in your bank account by the time you move out as apartments on the cheaper side cost around 500 a month as well as a car costs around 3k at least. There’s also such things as food, furniture, personal care items, clothing, etc that you should worry about. Sure some things you will already have but some things you will run out of. Also from talking to some friends who have already moved out I found out that you should save enough money to have some backup cash for a possible month or 2 of unemployment. Meaning you should always have some money for a bad day.

          Also start looking for a better job before you even move out. You probably also have a job, but will it be enough for your lifestyle? There might be a lot of job openings, but employers are getting pickier with who they hire. If anything you could just have more interview practice for a job you don’t want. More likely, you’ll get a sense of what jobs you wanna do, what positions employers seem willing to hire you for, and whether there are certain skills you’d like to buff up before you leave home.

      Once you have everything figured out the final step would be to set a date and move out. Whether you get movers, or move out yourself, you should set a hard date for when you decide to move out. Start apartment scouting a few months in advance, to understand costs of the apartments you want, and to adjust your expectations if necessary. If you need to ask your parents for a short-term loan to get you off the ground, be sure to clearly document the agreement and its terms, and resolve to stick to them.


Works Cited
“How to Move Out at 18 and Afford It [with a Checklist].” The Money Boy, 6 May 2020, www.themoneyboy.com/move-out-and-afford-it/.

“A Millennial's Guide to Moving Out of Your Parent's House.” Money, money.com/millennial-moving-out/.

White, Marian. “How to Move Out of Your Parents' House in 13 Easy Steps.” Moving.com, Moving.com, 18 May 2018, www.moving.com/tips/how-to-move-out-of-your-parents-house-in-13-easy-steps/.

9 comments:

  1. I feel that this is an important topic to discuss as we are all growing older and are almost adults. Living in some type of home has been something that many of us have never really thought about because many of us have just lived with our parents carelessly, but as we get older the idea of college and independence becomes so much more daunting. After working on our semester project, I have realized just how difficult it can be to afford a house and car and everything else, so I agree, a job is very important when living on your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONTACT THE BEST LOTTERY SPELL CASTER FOR THE RIGHT LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW HIS LOTTERY SPELL IS 100% GUARANTEE WHATSAPP +2348118829899 

      Hello everyone am Raymond from Pennsylvania USA I want to share my wonderful testimony of how a powerful spell caster called Dr Great helped me to win lottery, i have been playing lottery for a long time now but I had no luck everything changed when I messaged Dr Great about winning the lottery he assured me that I will be the next winner he told me what to do and I did it and 24 hours later he sent me the lottery numbers and I played it I couldn't believe it I won $1,000,000 dollars it's was the best thing that have ever happened to me in my life. If you want to win a lottery WhatsApp or Call Dr Great on this number +2348118829899 or email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 






      CONTACT THE BEST LOTTERY SPELL CASTER FOR THE RIGHT LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW HIS LOTTERY SPELL IS 100% GUARANTEE WHATSAPP +2348118829899 

      Hello everyone am Raymond from Pennsylvania USA I want to share my wonderful testimony of how a powerful spell caster called Dr Great helped me to win lottery, i have been playing lottery for a long time now but I had no luck everything changed when I messaged Dr Great about winning the lottery he assured me that I will be the next winner he told me what to do and I did it and 24 hours later he sent me the lottery numbers and I played it I couldn't believe it I won $1,000,000 dollars it's was the best thing that have ever happened to me in my life. If you want to win a lottery WhatsApp or Call Dr Great on this number +2348118829899 or email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 







      CONTACT THE BEST LOTTERY SPELL CASTER FOR THE RIGHT LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW HIS LOTTERY SPELL IS 100% GUARANTEE WHATSAPP +2348118829899 

      Hello everyone am Raymond from Pennsylvania USA I want to share my wonderful testimony of how a powerful spell caster called Dr Great helped me to win lottery, i have been playing lottery for a long time now but I had no luck everything changed when I messaged Dr Great about winning the lottery he assured me that I will be the next winner he told me what to do and I did it and 24 hours later he sent me the lottery numbers and I played it I couldn't believe it I won $1,000,000 dollars it's was the best thing that have ever happened to me in my life. If you want to win a lottery WhatsApp or Call Dr Great on this number +2348118829899 or email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com 

      Delete
  2. It seems like a good idea to set a hard date to move out, especially if you're going to need help with moving all of your things. This can prevent you from procrastinating the move; the sooner you move out, the quicker you can get accustomed to your new living space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making a checklist is the best place to start when you're ready to move out on your own. I agree that having a job a couple years prior is very important in order to be successful in living on your own. If you do end up having to take a short term loan from your parents, be sure to go over every agreement and read carefully because you don't want any surprises. If you are still struggling, I think you will either need to have a second job, find roommates, or reconsider moving out. Sometimes, you just can't afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely feel as though this is an important topic to discuss, seeing as many people taking this course are in that 17-18 age range and about to graduate high school. Once they turn 18, they are seen by the United States as legal adults, and have much more freedoms they did than just a few days prior to their 18th birthday. I am glad you included numbers as to how much one should have if they are considering this lifestyle, and I am glad you brought up the point that they should have a steady income/job years prior to making this big decision. While many may not agree with this plan, some people are more eager than others to start their new lives, and this article gives solid insight into this plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this article is very relevant since some of the seniors are going to be living on their own soon. I agree that making a checklist is the best place to start, especially when a lot of this is new to you. I'm glad you included numbers as well to help back up your points with evidence! It is a good idea to set a "hard" date for when you are moving out this is beneficial for a lot of people who procrastinate. Overall good job with the article!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article is relevant to basically any senior who reads it, especially those who are doing something other than college. Living without your parents doing all the work for you can seem daunting at first, so it's helpful to have a solid understanding of what you'll need to be doing in order to live on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is 5k dollars really enough to move out? You said in your article that a car is about 3k, but when I was looking for a car, I found used cars to be closer to 7-10k, which is more than you said someone would need to move out. Also, by only spending 3k on a car, the car probably won't be of very good quality anymore, and it will probably cost more to maintain that car. Overall, I think your article does a great job setting a baseline for moving out at 18, but I think that starting out with only 5k is unrealistic and it will be difficult to live comfortably.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...